This installment of #TheComfyCook comes on National Pancake Day! A classic at any breakfast table, pancakes are a crowd pleaser and are easy to make. Today we will show you our favorite pancake recipe, with some added fruits!
Cinnamon pancakes are the classic mix on the original and get even better when you add your favorite fruits! Bananas or blueberries are the sweet and nutritious addition to a pancake breakfast. Now it's time to throw on The Comfy and start preparing your ingredients!
Let's start with the batter:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoons of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ¼ cups of dairy or non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted) include extra for skillet
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries or bananas
We recommend mixing the wet and dry ingredients separately first. Then, when adding them together be sure to not over-stir, as this can take away from the fluffiness of the pancakes.
If using fresh fruits, fold into the batter while mixing. Frozen fruits can be applied on the uncooked side of the pancake while on the skillet. Now let's get to cooking those cakes so you can enjoy your National Pancake Day feast!
Cooking the pancakes:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat
- Brush over the skillet with melted butter and use a measuring cup to apply the pancake batter
- Spread the batter into a 4-inch circle (Apply your frozen Blueberries or Bananas now!)
- You’ll know it's time to flip when the edges are dry and the top begins to slightly bubble up. Cook the other side for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Top off your freshly plated pancakes with the chosen fruit and enjoy with syrup and sprinkled cinnamon!
- Pro tip: Add sliced butter in between each layer of pancakes!
BAM, your National Pancake Day is off to a legendary start! Kick back and relax in The Comfy and show off your new favorite pancake recipe to all your friends and family!