Bon jour! Welcome back to #TheComfyCook, The Comfy’s spin on our favorite comfort food recipes! In honor of National Sugar Cookie Day – yes, that’s a real national calendar day – we’re sharing our edible sugar cookie dough recipe!
Everyone knows that the best part of homemade cookies is the dough. Everyone also knows that you’re not really supposed to eat unbaked cookie dough given the whole raw egg thing. Well, fret no more! This edible sugar cookie dough has all the buttery, sugary, sprinkle-speckled goodness without the eggs. Who doesn’t want that?! In the words of Emeril, BAM!!!
So throw on your apron – and by apron, we mean Comfy! Let’s get this Comfy cooking party started.
Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- ¼ cup salted butter room temp
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup flour (Eliminate any bacteria risks, by toasting your flour at 350 degrees F for just 5 minutes)
- colorful sprinkles
- If you’re not wearing The Comfy, then throw it on! Why? Because Comfy cooks are happy cooks and happiness makes everything taste better.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in vanilla until well combined.
- Finally, slowly mix in flour. Mix until dough forms. Stir in colorful sprinkles and enjoy!
Oh yeah… did we mention that it’s INCREDIBLY easy? Well, now you know! Grab a spoon, snag your favorite spot on the couch, snuggle up in your Comfy, and dig in! Bon appétit!