- LAST UPDATED
- CONTACT US
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT (WHAT, HOW, WHY)
- HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
- ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- INFORMATION SHARED (WHAT, HOW, WHY, WHOM)
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION
- RETENTION AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
- CHOICES IN CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
- CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY
LAST UPDATED: October 5th, 2021
[Re: Privacy Compliance]
4634 E. Peak View Rd.
Cave Creek, Arizona 85331
United States of America
INFORMATION WE COLLECT (WHAT, HOW, WHY)
In order to fulfill your orders, communicate with you about those orders, and deliver the Services to you, we collect certain personal data. For example, we need to know your color choice, your payment information, and your shipping details to fulfill an order you place with us. We request that you provide us with some of this information directly, while we may collect other information automatically or from other sources. In some cases, we may derive information. Here are the categories of information we collect, examples of data in each category, and why we collect this information:
|Category||Examples||Why We Collect|
|Profile information||name, email address, mailing address, phone number, birthday, social media handles||To fulfill your order, send you marketing communications, and improve our Services|
|Transactional data||payment information, shipping/delivery information, amounts charged, order details||To fulfill your order, improve our Services, and run our financial systems|
|Personal preferences||Product color choice, product sizing, marketing preferences||To fulfill your order, send you marketing communications, and personalize offers|
|Social media information||Platform/service, handle/username, messaging details, interaction details||To tailor advertisements and improve our Services|
|images, videos, text, and other content that you submit to us under our UGC policy||To display UGC on our website and social media, and to improve our Services|
|Your device data||device type, browser type, IP address, ISP, mobile network information, location information (as you allow on your device, language settings||To understand visits to our Services and improve our Services|
|Automatically-collected usage data||cookies (as explained below), web beacons, pixel tags, access times and durations, page views, location of visit, landing page, movement within our website, linking activity||To understand visits to our Services and improve our Services|
Most browsers and mobile devices are, by default, set to accept cookies, but you may be able to change your browser’s or device’s settings to reject all cookies, delete cookies, warn of cookies, and/or accept cookies in some circumstances. Please consult the help information offered by your browser or mobile device.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use collected information to operate and improve our Services.
When you place an order with us, we use your collected information, such your color choice, your payment information, and your shipping details, to complete the transaction and fulfill the order. After the order is placed, we use that information for our financial systems, such as accounting, compliance, auditing, and budgeting. This helps us run our business more efficiently.
When you submit user-generated content to us, we may use that content in advertising campaigns in the future. In some cases of providing content to us, you may be required to sign in, and thus provide your login information, to a social media platform. Please understand that, when you send user-generated content to us, you may inadvertently be sending us information which you may desire to keep private, but which we have no way of knowing is desired to be kept private. In other words, when you send user-generated content to us, we must assume that you intend to allow it to be made public. We are not responsible for any consequences from the publication of any information contained in your user-generated content.
If you contact us for a return or a question about your order, we use the information that we collect during your purchase and that you provide during that contact to resolve your issue. This information is stored so that you can access and review it.
We also use collected contact information to send you communications, such as newsletters about recent developments, new products, customer loyalty programs, and upcoming sales. We may use information about your personal preferences and past order history to personalize these communications.
We may use information we collect to derive or infer information about you. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address and time of visit.
We use information collected automatically, such as from cookies, to improve the functioning of our website and Services. For example, by tracking the most popular pages on our website, we can enhance those pages to provide customers with more content that they may be interested in, or by re-organizing product placements on a page.
In some instances, we will use personal information to comply with court orders or other legal processes, or to assist in investigations of fraud, misuse, malicious or unauthorized activities, counterfeiting, intellectual property infringement, or violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Additionally, and only as permitted by law, we may use your information for providing reasonable, temporary, or short-term programs related to our Services.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We do not offer our Services to children under the age of 18 without parental or guardian permission. We do not offer our Services to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
INFORMATION SHARED (WHAT, HOW, WHY, WHOM)
We may share each of the types and categories of personal data described above under the section entitled INFORMATION WE COLLECT with:
- Service providers for processing personal data for business purpose on our behalf
- Service providers for processing debit, credit, and other card payments
- Service providers for managing marketing and customer relations campaigns
- Service providers for analyzing website traffic and visitor behavior
- Service providers for hosting our website and related data
- Service providers for researching and developing brand and product campaigns
- Affiliates with whom we do business, for research and development purposes, branding, marketing, and other purposes
- Professional advisors for the purposes of receiving legal, financial, insurance, and other advice with respect to our business
- Third parties to the extent necessary to assist in investigations of fraud, misuse, malicious or unauthorized activities, counterfeiting, intellectual property infringement, or violations of our Terms of Service
- Governmental bodies to the extent necessary and as required by applicable law
- Individuals or entities involved in legal proceedings, to the extent necessary and as required by legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Cozy, its employees and agents, and others
- Any third party for which you have provided your consent
We may also share information with third parties which has been anonymized and aggregated, because such information cannot identify you.
If we are reorganized, dissolved, liquidated, acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the owners so that we may continue to provide products and the Services to you.
We do not sell your personal data.
Of course, you may share your personal information as you wish. For example, when you post information to a social media platform, such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Instagram, you may be creating a public profile that contains your personal information. Please carefully review the display and privacy settings for those and other social media platforms.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, it is encrypted using secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally-accepted industry standards. You should similarly take reasonable and accepted steps to protect your own information anytime you are browsing online, to prevent unauthorized use or disclosure.
Shopify Store: Our store is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as along as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
RETENTION AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
The personal information we collect may be transferred and stored in the United States, Canada, and other jurisdictions. Our store is hosted by Shopify, which maintains its servers in Canada. If you are in Europe, your personal information may be controlled by Shopify’s affiliate in Ireland. Your personal information is secured by reasonable precautions and industry best practices, and it is protected under the law of each applicable country to which it is sent or stored. Please understand that the laws of those countries may differ from each other and may differ from the laws of your home jurisdiction.
CHOICES IN CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
With respect to your personal information, in certain jurisdictions, you have some or all of the following rights:
- To access. The right to view your personal information.
- To be informed. The right to receive a copy of your personal information.
- To portability. The right to receive or have transmitted a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly-used, machine-readable file or folder format.
- To correct. The right to have your personal information corrected if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- To object. The right to reject cookies, delete cookies, be warned of cookies, and/or accept cookies in some circumstances. Please consult your browser’s help information.
- To restrict. The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- To delete. The right to have your personal information erased. In certain circumstances, the law prohibits us from erasing all of your personal information, or may require that we retain some information for certain purposes, such as to comply with court orders or other legal process, to assist in investigations of fraud, misuse, malicious or unauthorized activities, counterfeiting, intellectual property infringement, or violations of our Terms of Service, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Cozy, its employees, agents, and others, or otherwise as required by law or legal process.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires that we disclose the following information to you regarding our collection, use, and sharing of personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you. The below section was last updated as of the date listed at the top of this webpage under the section entitled LAST UPDATED.
The CCPA provides you with certain rights. These rights supplement the rights identified above in the section entitled CHOICES IN CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION. You have the right to request, up to two times in a twelve-month period, the following information collected in the previous twelve months:
- A list of the categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties
- Names and addresses of those third parties
- Disclosure of the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information
- Disclosure of categories of personal information we have collected
- Disclosure of categories of sources of such personal information
- Disclosure of the business or commercial purposes for the information collected
- Disclosure of specific pieces of personal information we have about someone
- Opt-out of any sale of your personal data
Categories of Information We Collect
In the previous twelve months, we may have collected the personal information identified above in the section entitled INFORMATION WE COLLECT (WHAT, HOW, WHY).
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting And Using Information
We collect and use information as described above in the section entitled HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION. We use collected information to fulfill orders you place with us, to send you communications about our products and Services, and to generally operate and improve our Services.
In the previous twelve months, we may have shared categories of information identified above in the section entitled INFORMATION SHARED (WHAT, HOW, WHY, WHOM).
Third Party Recipients of Shared Information
We may share your information with the third parties identified above in the section entitled INFORMATION SHARED (WHAT, HOW, WHY, WHOM).
Sale Of Personal Information
Equal Service and Prices